Source code on GitHub
See source code and examples on github.
GATE User's Guide
- Current and future version (8.2) user's guide
- Latest stable version (8.0) user's guide (PDF), courtesy of Uwe Pietrzyk
- Version 7.2 user's guide (PDF), courtesy of Uwe Pietrzyk
- Version 7.1 user's guide (PDF), courtesy of Uwe Pietrzyk
- Version 7.0 user's guide (PDF), courtesy of Uwe Pietrzyk
- Version 6.2 user's guide (PDF), courtesy of Uwe Pietrzyk
- Video demonstration for Installing GATE V6.1 on Fedora 15 - courtesy of Nikolaos Chatzisavva from Tei Piraeaus, Greece
- Version 6.0 user's guide (PDF) version, courtesy of Uwe Pietrzyk)
- Version 5.0 user's guide (PDF), 17 June 2009
- GATE 5.0.0 Installation Guide for Ubuntu - Bryan McIntosh
- Version 1.2 user's guide (PDF), LMF upgraded to 64 bit detector ID encoding, 10 March 2005
- Version 1.0 user's guide (PDF), 7 May 2004
vGATE User's Guide
Physics-list selection and recommendations
With the new Gate versions 7.0 and above, it is recommended to use the Physics-builder mechanism, using predefined physics-lists ( Recommended Geant4 physics-list for medical applications)
For Geant4 versions 9.6, 10.0 an above, the best Geant4 physics models for nuclear interactions may be obtained with QBBC (Binary cascade), Shielding (QMD), FTFP_INCLXX (INCL++ cascade).
For electromagnetic interactions, EMY == Opt3 , EMZ== Opt4 standard physics are recommended (ion and proton stopping are more accurate due to ICRU73 data and more fine step limits).
Physics-list builder candidates are:
QBBC_EMY, QBBC_EMZ, Shielding_EMY, Shielding_EMZ, FTFP_INCLXX_EMY, FTFP_INCLXX_EMZ
Nevertheless, it is still possible to apply different physics models or parameters on top of the build physics-lists and recommendations for previous Gate/Geant4 releases may still be useful.
Recommendations derived from Grevillot et al. NIMB 2010 for protons and carbon ions are proposed as couples physics-list/parameters list and can be downloaded below:
- MA-Physics-list-protons.mac / MA-Parameters-List-Protons.mac
- MA-Physics-list-carbon-ions.mac / MA-Parameters-List-carbon-ions.mac